Saturday 7 July 2018

Well, Fan My Breeches!

Chrome 18inch Three Speed Floor Fan
I've never had such a beast of a fan, but given my current choice of abode and the climate control difficulties, I thought I'd give this a go. I paid £30 last week for it but I see that it's now £40 (https://goo.gl/pFGgth), so I'm not sure what that's about - shop around!

It blows away smaller domestic cheap fans with its power and capacity to move air around. I can put it up at one end of the Static under an open window, leave all the doors open and can genuinely feel the effect of the movement of fresh air down the other end. This is an 18 inch version but you can go even bigger before you head for 'industrial' and seriously expensive territory.

Yeah, I know the arguments about fans just blowing hot air around, but in my situation where the outside temperature is actually 5/6 degrees lower than the air that is trapped inside, this seems to pull in the fresher, cooler air and powerfully distributes it. It's not a perfect solution like AC would be, but even at £40 (instead of £30) it's worth every penny.

There are 3 speeds selected by push-down buttons on the back with different degrees of strength - and noise! For this is not the kind of fan to have next to your bed while trying to sleep! It is quite noisy, but with strategically open doors, it easily can be placed down a corridor or even in a different room.

Make sure you've got an adjustable spanner to tweak and tighten the pivot-point bolts as they are quite loose on delivery so that you get your angle right. You can set the angle any which way you like, then tighten. I recommend that members pay double the price of a cheap version and enjoy the disproportionately bang-for-buck performance increase of this one. I'm a fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pixel USB-C Earbuds

Remember these? The ones Google used to bundle with the Pixel 3? I think it ended there. I was amazed to learn that the UK Google Store stil...