Saturday 7 July 2018

Crumpler

Seriously quality bags, holdalls, cases, backpacks. No this isn't an advert! The reason that I've broadened this item to the brand in general is because this Crumpler Silver Dig Medium bag which I bought in 2010 is no longer available (https://goo.gl/RyDwPe). What can I say! Ranges change. But I've never heard anyone say a bad word about Crumpler bags and I've been meaning to post this one for a while.

This laptop bag, flap-over style (with big and secure Velcro fastening), has been in daily use for the last 8 years and (apart from fluff and debris - must clean more!) it's in as perfect condition as the day I got it. This Medium version will hold my 14" laptop happily and/or various Chromebooks, a load of phones that I seem to carry for some bizarre reason(!), power banks and plenty of space is left for a bunch of other daily stuff that I might need in the two main inner sections.

It's made of some sort of nylon'y cotton'y stuff with padding in the appropriate places for protection of what's inside. It's waterproof but I've not tested that for some years and I guess I would probably need to re-treat it with something. When I first got it, I did test that in heavy rain - and it was sound. Water just ran off the material. It's even got flaps top-left and top-right to keep out the elements.

It has a very long adjustable strap and all the stitching is perfect still after all this time. Often bag straps are simply poorly made to save costs but this is probably the best quality strap on a bag that I've ever used. It's even got an integrated 'handle' on the back so that you can pick it up without the strap if you want to just to move it. The bag has been periodically utilised as a camera bag, shopping bag, picnic bag(!) and 101 other things - and has taken some abuse!

I've been meaning to post this on WW ever since we started, but never got round to, as it's one of those long-term Whatever Works things. And it's a shame that they don't make this one any more, but if you visit their website at https://www.crumpler.eu/ and follow your nose, you can see that the newer ranges look equally qualitative. It seems to be one of those brands that, yes, you might pay more for, but like an expensive pair of shoes, you'll probably be still using it decades later. Hugely recommended. It's incredibly well made. Pay the extra!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TCL 50 Pro NxtPaper

TCL are doing some amazing stuff lately with their NxtPaper technology and this phone presents more of that to join previous years' phon...