Sunday 14 July 2024

Motorola MOTOvator Unboxing!

Motorola UK sent over the MOTOvator Welcome Box this week for me to unbox, get stuck into and share my thoughts. It included a sparking new Motorola Edge 50 Pro, pair of Moto Buds+, shiny lapel-badge, travel mug, cloth shopping bag and one of those folding ring thingies that you stick on the back of the phone (or case) to help hold bigger phones with a finger inserted.

It was certainly a nice little bundle of goodies which I shall enjoy reviewing very much in the weeks to come. The phone, supplied in Black Beauty colour with 512GB Storage and 12GB RAM is from the latest crop of non-folding devices sitting between the Edge 50 Fusion and flagship Edge 50 Ultra. The RRP is £599 here in the UK and sits very much within that mid-range battleground. Spoiler alert before the review - I think it comes out, feature-for-feature, pretty much on top. I have a bunch of Motorola phones here to compare this with including the Edge 30 Neo (and comparison with the Pixel 7), Edge 30 Ultra, Edge 40, Edge 40 Neo and ThinkPhone - so it should indeed make for a decent showdown. I am particularly interested to see, for the first time, Moto's new HelloUI front-end after MyUI before. (Links here to previous reviews and coverage.)

The buds, I was not aware of and usually don't go for the in-ear-canal type, I shall indeed make the exception here and give them a good workout as I hook up with Google Fit, FitBit and get out working through my Steps! The Moto Buds+ have a RRP of £129 here in the UK. As for the mug, it looks like it's a double-lined unit with a tightly-fitting lid and slider-opening hole for drinking in a nice blue colour. It has a grippy base to avoid accidents and of course, offers the 'Batman' Moto 'M' logo proudly.

Motorola have in no way dictated to me what to say as I review this swag, leaving it up to my honesty and discretion as to my views. So, watch this space as I put the various elements through their paces and try to remain objective, even though it is well documented that I have been an admirer of what Moto do with Android and their hardware for a good number of years.

Steve Litchfield and I will continue to cover the Motorola hard and software in our weekly audio podcast (Phones Show Chat), now in its 16th year and over 800 shows, including the items from this Welcome Box. Steve has also covered plenty of Motorola stuff on his YouTube channel over the years to, so do head there and search for his great content - long-form videos and Shorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PodHubUK Podcasts for the Month of August 2024

   ...a roundup of our month of podcasting. Links to the team, communities and podcast homes on the net at the foot, so scroll down! Phones ...